Nafasi ya Kazi Mwalimu wa Lugha
AnnouncementShare via Whatsapp
Source: US EMBASSY IN TANZANIA
Release date: 2023-02-03
Application Cycle 2024 – 2025 Now Open
The Public Affairs Section of the United States Embassy in Dar es Salaam is seeking qualified candidates for the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship Program (FLTA). Online applications are now available. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The FLTA Program is a non-Degree and non-renewable program and those wishing to pursue degree studies in the United States should not apply. All FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of the nine-month program. No extension requests will be supported. Dependents are not allowed to accompany fellows on this program. Pregnant candidates may not participate in this program if the birth is due during the program period.
FLTA candidates should be energetic, early career educators capable of succeeding in the dual role of teaching assistant and student. They must have a sincere interest in teaching their native language and culture to U.S. students. They should have leadership skills and the ability to motivate students to learn. FLTAs should have a desire to meet people and become a part of the community by participating in community events and campus activities. They should be creative and self-reliant team players, who are able to maintain excellent relationships with faculty, staff and students. They must be open to living with their U.S. student peers in undergraduate or graduate level campus housing and engaging with faculty and staff with maturity and professionalism.
Preference will be given to candidates who have little or no prior experience living in the United States. Fellows must be flexible with placements at smaller or more ethnically diverse U.S. academic institutions. At the conclusion of the program, Tanzanian fellows will be expected to return to Tanzania, making an immediate impact by utilizing the skills gained and sharing the experiences gleaned from their time in the U.S.
- i. Must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania and reside in Tanzania throughout the application, nomination and selection process.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree by June 2023 with a good academic record.
- ii. Have a sincere interest in teaching Kiswahili and Tanzanian culture to students in the U.S.
- iii. Are fluent in English, as demonstrated by a recent score of no less than 550 (Paper Based TOEFL), 79-80 (Internet Based TOEFL – IBT), or 6.0 (Overall Score International English Language Testing System – IELTS). TOEFL scores are not required at the time of application.
- iv. Can work creatively and be self-reliant while being willing to work cooperatively as part of a team with faculty, staff and students.
- iv. Are flexible and have a willingness to learn.
- v. Are adaptable to living in rural or urban areas.
- vi. Clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- vii. Do not hold U.S. citizenship; dual citizens are not eligible for the program participation.
- viii. Letter of support from Employer, if employed.
- ix. Written commitment to return and reside in Tanzania for at least two years upon completion of the program.
How to Apply
All application forms must be prepared and submitted electronically; hand-written applications will not be accepted. Candidates must submit completed application forms, academic transcripts, and three confidential letters of reference online.
Applicants MUST Read the application instructions carefully before completing the application. For instructions on completing the online application, please click on link to download FLTA application instructions (PDF 485KB). Applicants may only apply for one award per application cycle. Prospective candidates can access the online application at: https://apply.iie.org/flta2024 For any further queries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nafasi ya Kazi Director, Country Office
- Nafasi ya Kazi ya INTERN - PUBLIC INFORMATION, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Nafasi ya Kazi Procurement Specialist
- Nafasi ya Kazi Government Liaison Associate
- Nafasi ya Kazi TAAP Flour Milling Expert - Ethiopia and Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi Internship, Nourishing Food Pathways Inclusive Local FSN Governance
- Nafasi ya Kazi Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer,
- Nafasi ya Kazi Ward to Ward Financial Inclusion Analysis
- Nafasi ya Kazi WASH Project Manager Tanzania Kibondo
- Nafasi ya Kazi Administrative Assistant in Ruvuma
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Advisor, Pre-Service Education
- Tangazo la Nafasi mbali mbali za Kazi Mamlaka ya Maji Zanzibar (ZAWA)
- Nafasi ya Kazi MUCE
- Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Research Assistant
- Nafasi ya Kazi Regional Technical Officer
- TANGAZO LA NAFASI YA KAZI AFISA MIAMBA MAJI DARAJA LA II - UNGUJA - 1 POST
- Nafasi ya Kazi Afisa Utafiti Daraja La I Katika Fani Ya Sayansi Ya Uvuvi (Fisheries Sciences) - Ungu
- Nafasi ya Kazi Soil Microbiologist
- Nafasi ya Kazi
Sport fishing boat
TAM Review (Zanzibar Form two Mathematics Review 2007-2020
Tiba Asilia Ya Ugonjwa wa Bawasiri (Hemorrhoids)
TIBA YA NGIRI SUGU NA CHANGO KWA WANAWAKE
UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI NA TIBA YAKE
TIBA ASILIA YA UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI
MADIRA YA MSOMALI