Nafasi ya Kazi Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer,
AnnouncementShare via Whatsapp
Tarehe Iliyotolewa: 2023-03-20
Requisition ID: req39530
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer,
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kigoma, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict, and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic well-being, education, and power.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for implementing all MEAL-related assignments and the IRC’s programs. The primary purpose of the position is for direct implementation of MEAL-related activities, generating reports from the given data, and sharing data with the direct Manager according to the IRC protocol. The MEAL Officer assumes the responsibilities given under the purpose and undertakes her/his regular tasks in accordance with a well-defined framework of policies and procedures under immediate supervision.
This post holder will facilitate collaboration and work closely with other MEAL staff and program staff within IRC in creating and maintaining a robust MEAL system of the Tanzania country programs.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct data quality checks
- Conduct data analysis to inform organizational activity trends
- Assist in printing and disbursement of data collection tools and proper storage of data collection tools
- Participate in design of data collection tools.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information used during data entry.
- Prepare complete and high-quality reports, ensuring quality data from fields is effectively tracked.
- Conducting field monitoring visits and ensures all data are collected and ensure the use of data collection tools.
- Ensure that all data collected in the fields meets the quality standard for all programs.
- Entering data in program, database and providing quality reports weekly and monthly.
- Ensure that key indicators are tracked on a consistent basis and in consistent manner across all program units.
- Conducting data Verification in across all program units.
- Ensure data cleaning in program database and quality of information provided from database.
- Prepare one-page summaries describing each program unit key activities, outcomes and impacts.
- Work close with incentive workers and program officers and ensure that they are using right monitoring tools to monitor the quality of the programs.
- Work with MEAL Manager in conducting programs assessments as well as identifying gaps in all programs.
- Establish and enforce quality standards and processes for data and information generated from the programs.
- Ensure implementation of programs aligned to the IRC MEAL Handbook standards as outlined in MEAL plan, and MEAL work plan.
- Follow and abide to the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor indicator data.
- Work closely with MEAL Manager in strengthening the IRC Tanzania country program MEAL system and roll out comprehensive MEAL plans with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, the log frame, and performance indicators.
- Participate in monthly program review meetings
- Participate in designing and implementation of the different internal surveys, research, and evaluations.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your Manager.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- University degree or its equivalent (from a recognized institution) in Monitoring & Evaluation, Project management, , Statistics, Data Science, Development, or other related Social Sciences fields with at least 2 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation related assignments.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of MEAL and application of its tools, and systems
- Proficient in the development of data entry programme, management, analysis and in using statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, Advanced Excel etc.)
- Development of data collection tools
- Experience with Kobo/ODK
- Familiarity with Power BI.
- Good command of Microsoft Access
- Good command of CommCare.
- Experience in database development and system maintenance
- Good time management, communication, interpersonal, training and leadership skills.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context.
- Microsoft Office application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Respond to program’s data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making.
- Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions thereof – mainly for MEAL management and reporting.
- Observing deadlines and achieving results
- Giving, receiving, and documenting clients’ feedbacks.
- Pay attention to details and set priorities
The IRC Core Values and Commitments:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Adult and Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality.
IRC acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. IRC is also committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits.
Please be warned of various scams, being circulated via e-mails, from Internet websites, and via regular mail or fax, falsely being issued by or associated with the IRC. Beware that The IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked for any payment, please contact TZ-Recruitement@Rescue.Org.
KSA Mix Special Iftar - Futari KSA mix
Sport fishing boat
TAM Review (Zanzibar Form two Mathematics Review 2007-2020
Tiba Asilia Ya Ugonjwa wa Bawasiri (Hemorrhoids)
TIBA YA NGIRI SUGU NA CHANGO KWA WANAWAKE
UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI NA TIBA YAKE
TIBA ASILIA YA UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI